Friday, 6 March 2015
Fun Fact Friday (#55)
Fun Fact Friday is a meme hosted by Lettora at I’m Booked! If you’d like to join and do your own Fun Fact Friday, just ask! At I’m Booked! Every week we’ll give you five new, fun facts.
This week’s five facts:
1. Multiplying 21978 by 4 reverses the order of the numbers: 87912.
2. Of Mice and Men was originally titled Something that Happened.
3. The Tale of Genji was the first novel ever written, in 1007.
4. Charles Dickens called the sickly character in A Christmas Carol “Small Sam” and “Puny Pete” before settling on “Tiny Tim.”
5. Dr. Seuss’ full name was Theodor Seuss Geisel. He loved to wear crazy hats to parties. When he was having a hard time coming up with rhymes, he would sometimes put on one of his many “thinking caps” for inspiration.