I hope you're all enjoying your holidays so far. This week we'll be having a Festive Fact Friday as we're coming up to Christmas. Hope you enjoy!
This week’s five, festive facts:
1. There are 364 gifts mentioned in “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.
2. According to the Guinness world records, the tallest Christmas tree ever cut was a 221-foot Douglas fir that was displayed in 1950 at the Northgate Shopping Center in Seattle, Washington.
3. In Victorian times, the sweet mince pies of today were made with beef and spices.
4. Many parts of the Christmas tree can actually be eaten, with the needles being a good source of Vitamin C. Yum!
5. Tinsel was once made of real silver. It was invented in Germany in 1610.