Fun Fact Friday is a meme hosted by Lettora at I’m Booked! If you’d like to join and do your own Fun Fact Friday, just ask! At I’m Booked! Every week we’ll give you five new, fun facts.
This week’s five facts:
1. Christmas classic “Do You Hear What I Hear?” was written as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
2. The flashes of colored light you see when you rub your eyes are called "phosphenes."
3. Harvestmen, or Daddy longlegs, aren't actually spiders: they belong to a different order of arachnids.
4. Billiards was once a lawn game played outdoors, which is why today’s pool tables have a green felt cover.
5. The human bone most often broken is the clavicle (collar bone).