Fun Fact Friday is a meme hosted by Lettora at I’m Booked! If you’d like to join and do your own Fun Fact Friday, just ask! At I’m Booked! Every week we’ll give you five new, fun facts.
This week’s five facts:
1. The oldest author to have their first book published was Bertha Wood who had her book published on her 100th birthday in 2005. The book is called Fresh Air and Fun, based on her memoirs which she began writing at the age of 90.
2. The world largest bookmark collection belongs to Frank DIvendal of who has 103,009 different bookmarks in his collection which he started in 1982.
3. The author R.L Stein is the world’s most prolific writer of children’s horror fiction. He’s written over 300 fiction novels including Goosebumps and Mostly Ghostly.
4. Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon, is the youngest author of a bestselling series. As of 2011 he’s sold over 20 million copies of his book Eragon which he published at the age of 15.
5. Rudyard Kipling, author of The Jungle Book, wrote in a poem: ‘A woman is only a woman but good cigar is a smoke.'